MAC Art Supplies Review and Swatches: Pro Longwear Lipstain Marker

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Along with the eye products, MAC released 9 new Limited Edition Pro Longwear Lipstain Marker 2.5g/0.09oz retailing at $16USD.  These look like cute chubby markers for the lip.  They smell kind of like vanilla but not exactly like the lipglasses.  I didn't try any of these since I don't know who else have put it on and I have a really bad cold right now. In any case, I was excited to get to the MAC counter and get these swatches for y'all.  Let's jump to it shall we?

                                        Picture courtesy of MAC Website

                            Click on picture for larger view!


Full of Flare comes out like a dark coral with some red. 

Stylesetter is the most unique out of all because it's the only pink!  I think this would be good for a light spring look.

A Classic  is a medium red that can very well be MLBB on some.

Purposefully Red is a brighter red than A Classic and is quite flattering.  Sorry for the typo in the swatch.

Modern Mocha comes out as a medium brown or as you can say..mocha!

Point of View is a tan/brownish that some ladies can use for a nude lip

Tomorrow’s Coral is the most deceiving from the name. It comes out more  red than coral.  I think they should switch up its name with Full of Flare.

Runway Ripened is a dark red that I can definitely see used for night on the town.  It is such a bold color.

Sunset is an orange with some brown.  Not terribly unique or a must have.

Overall I like Stylesetter and Runway Ripened most out of the 9.  I didn't pick up any of these lipstain markers because most stains dry out my lips and I don't have the time to constantly re-apply a lip balm or gloss on top.  Whenever I do need a long lasting lipstain/lipstick, Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque are my HG.

However, do check these out as most of the colors are very wearable and they are convenient to pop into your purse for a touch up. I'm not sure how they last on the lips but these markers really stain!!  I have been trying to get them off my hands but even after rubbing them with soap, they won't completely come off.  My hands are red and stained with little cubes.  LoL. Help!!! Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Laura - Emerald Green 88 said...

I love Stylesetter and Runway Ripened the most too. I think I'll get Stylesetter and see how I get on with it and if I like it I'll buy Runway Ripened too.
Thanks for the swatches!

Nepenthe said...

I'm still on the fence about these. If they still have them once I'm off my 'no-buy' I may pick up a few. I love using stains under lipstick or gloss for a night out.

Great swatches, how were they to get off? LOL

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Nepenthe - These really stain! They didn't completely go away for 2 days even with multiple hand washes daily. Imagine what they can do for your lips =)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!