Clarins Instant Sun Light Click & Gloss SPF 6: Swatches and Review

Thursday, May 13, 2010

If you're not a fan of sticky or super glittery glosses, Clarins offers a great alternative with the Instant Sun Light Click and Gloss SPF 6.  These are part of Clarins' 2010 Summer Makeup Collection retailing at $18USD for 1.6ML/0.04oz.  The 3 shades offered are 01 Vanilla, 02 Coral, and 03 Cinnamon.
























True to its name, the gloss comes in the form of a pen with white tips. The tips are nicely covered by a cap to avoid leakage in case the pen is accidentally pressed while in your purse/luggage.  I especially like the packaging because it's so chic! If you don't take off the cap, this can easily be mistaken for a nice silver click pen. These also have SFP6 to protect our lips and that's always a plus. Here I have the Vanilla and Coral Click and Gloss to review for you.





















To get the products to come out on the tip, tilt the pen downwards and click three times at the end.  You should see color oozing out of the tip as shown below.  This is user friendly and very easy to use.

CLICK CLICK CLICK!




















Vanilla(01) is a shimmery nude gloss that is best layered on top of a lipstick.  This is very sheer so I personally wouldn't use it by itself unless you have very pigmented lips.

Coral (02) is a light shimmery coral color that is very pigmented.  This is buildable to create a medium to dark coral on the lips.




















As you can see Vanilla comes out as a soft shimmer on the lips without being too glittery or gaudy.  I think this will be beautiful on top of a soft nude lipstick to give an extra oomph!  It's also flattering to pair with a dark smokey eye.











Coral on the other hand is much darker on the lips compared to Vanilla.  This is applied on naked lips and comes out almost a dark coral on me.  Since the color is darker, it takes a bit more effort to make sure it's applied evenly on the lips.











Overall, the Instant Sun Light Click & Gloss from Clarins deliver soft shimmery colors that are nicely pigmented .  I like how smoothly they glide on the lips without being overly sticky.  The packaging is unique and elegant so it doesn't feel like a cheap plastic pen.  If you plan to wear this for a full 8 hr work day, you will need to re-apply every 3-4 hours.  They don't dry out the lips but after the gloss is gone, there will only be white shimmer left on the lips especially in the case of Vanilla.  Since these are so portable, you can throw this in your bag and reapply throughout the day without anyone realizing it's a gloss!  A word of caution is to blot, and not wipe your mouth when wearing these glosses. Otherwise, the shimmer will migrate all around the outer lining of the lips and near the nose.

If you are interested in checking out these light natural looking glosses with fine shimmer, you can visit a local Clarins counter or online at Clarins.com.


What do you think of the Click & Gloss idea?  Are you a Vanilla or Coral type of gal?

Disclosure: This post contains samples provided by PR for consideration.  This does not alter the opinion or views of the blog owner.  My commitment is to provide you with honest reviews based on my experience with the product.  If you're not sure what this means, please visit the Disclosure policy listed here.

33 comments:

Laura Beth said...

I love Clarins! Great reviews! I use their Hydra moisturizer, it's really good!

Also, I sent you some love on my blog! ;)

makeuponmind.blogspot

Popcorn said...

OMG the packaging is adorable~
Thanks for the review. I actually never knew that Clarins made lipglosses. hehee

Miss♥Nikka said...

I love that its clickable!! Hehe..I like them both but i think im a coral type of gal! :]

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. :]

ipehishere said...

hehe nice review.. im coral type.. i think coral looks more fantastic.. thank you for passing by my blog , and nice to meet you ^^
i love my sigma brushes.. but i still want to hv mac brushes ..lol :D

MissA* said...

Coral is so in this summer. I've never tried Clarins makeup line before, I should definitely check these ones out.

Sarah said...

I don't love this type of applicator in general. I think it gets messy and a bit gross after a while, and I always feel I'm wasting product because I've "clicked" out too much. Thanks for the review though.

The Beautifier said...

Hey hun! I love the coral shade! I am so into corals these days! great review btw xoxo

..R May A.. said...

I've not tried a gloss with this type of applicator, i love the colours though..
I might pop down to my clarin's coutner tomorro and have a look!
Thanks for the post :)

Shen said...

i've never tried clarins. :) but these gloss looks so inviting. :) and i love that its a pop pen instead of the twist type. :)

Emmelie ♥ said...

Oh gorgeous ♥ Sadly I never seen the brand in Swedish shops but 'vanilla' is defiantly something I'd wear ♥♥♥

The Girly Tomboy said...

I like the gloss clickable packaging. I like the colors too. Is it sticky?

The Girly Tomboy said...

And of ccourse by sticky I mean, is it as sticky as a MAC lipglass, or smooth like a lip gelee?

Sorry for the double comment - sloppy typing leads to pressing post before you want to post. It's bed time! ;)

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Girly Tomboy - Nope it's definitely not as sticky as MAC lipglass but not exactly as buttery as lip gelee. It's kind of in between.

Candid Phobic said...

I like the vanilla one in this better.

P.S. Gave you an award on my blog. Check it out :-)

Dina (XYYan) said...

They are very pigmented! I always have trouble with click type lipgloss but you make it sounds so easy to use :)
Thanks for dropping by btw :D

Blair said...

They look gorgeous! Thanks for the in depth review :)

I haven't tried YSL Tender Peach yet, sorry!

Chiaki in here said...

Do u think Clarins have the liquid eyeshadow..I'm looking for liquid eyeshadow

Pham Xan said...

I totally love the second one<3 and thank you so much dear

Collegiate Couture said...

Ooooh I've never heard of these! I love the look of the Coral shade.

Rinz said...

ooooooohh i love the first one. I got a thng about natural lips colo i think its sexy!

Tiptoe21 said...

The colors look so pretty! The coral shade is gorgeous.

And by the way, I nominated you in my latest blog post for an award. I know Laura Beth nominated you for the same one, but I couldn't help putting you on my list too!

Ahleessa said...

The coral color is so pretty! I like it a lot. :) Then again I think you can sell anything from whatever is on your lips. You really do have a gorgeous shape lips. :)

You can get the sheet masks from Korean stores/markets or some Japanese stores/markets sell them. I hope you have luck finding them!

Twinn said...

nice i like anything that has an spf something you know.
Id def buy one of those .

*~kAy~* said...

I like the packaging :)
I would probably wear the coral one more :P

Thanks for the review! :) I like how it looks on your lips :) very pretty

Pixie Dust said...

Awesome blog :))
I'd like to invite you to my makeup & accessories giveaway - you can win great prices :) All you need to do is enter :)) Check it out here:

http://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-giveaway-make-up.html

Can't wait to hear from you <3

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Ahleessa - Thanks! You're so sweet.

Kay - Thank you! So kind of you.

Tammy said...

I'm not too familiar with Clarins but the nude gloss looks very pretty :)

resham said...

the coral one looks pretty wearable...These kind of applicators usually throw out too much product if cliked more...

Erin said...

I love Clarins...their cosmetics always smell lovely and...fresh?

Love love love,

Erin

x

Dina (XYYan) said...

We haven't named him yet :D we just call him puppy right now, hee..

kali said...

Oh I love coral on your lips!! Such a pretty color. =)

acutelife said...

Im more partial to the colar color :) but I dislike the applicator :(
thanks for your comment, the lipstick that I wore on that picture is from CLIO (korean brand but strangely it's made in italy) mine is 'deluxe candy' from the deluxe collection (i think that's the name of the collection). Hope to see you around more :)

Anonymous said...

Super fijn deze lipstick!!! en nr 3 een super mooie kleur en blijft ook mooi lang zitten..

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!