1. What inspired you to start a beauty blog?
When I first started to read beauty blogs, I became frustrated that there weren't enough written by fellow black women who could swatch the shades I liked the look of. I figured that if I was looking for black beauty blogs, then there must be other women who were too. I've alway
2. How did you come to choose Vex in the City as the blog name? Is it a tribute to NY?
I can be quite fiery at times (the 'Vex' reference), I'm a huge SATC fan (with the exception of the disappointing movie sequel), love the city New York - and my boyf is a born and bred New Yorker. My blog name is a combination of the lot!
3. What are your must have HG beauty products?
Oooh where do I begin? NARS Gina blush, Estee Lauder Sumptous mascara, MAC Raizin blush, Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover, Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm, Shiseido The Make Up Mascara Base..and more recently MAC MSF in Petticoat & Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. I could go on and on!
4. Do you think beauty trends are driven by fellow beauty bloggers, fashion shows, or beauty magazines?
Hmmm I still think beauty trends are taken first from the catwalk, determined in magazine and then that is what's force fed to us, the public. A beauty blogger can influence a hundred others to go and buy a certain lipstick shade, but I view that as an enabling recommendation (LOL), rather than starting a trend.
5. As a fan of Sex and the City, which character would you say best describes your fashion/beauty style?
In regards to my make up style, I can't really choose. I go for the natural look for day and vamp it up at night! I own an insane amount of shoes - that must be the Carrie in me!
6. If you had to endorse one cosmetics brand, which would you choose and why.
Recent controversy aside (Rodarte), I'll still say MAC - a large proportion of my make up collection is from MAC and it was the first brand that I really began to take an interest in when I started to experiment with cosmetics. They cater for my skin tone, have a wide range of shades and finishes to choose from and are accessible.
7. What is your favorite weekend activity?
Anything that involves good company and laughter!
Want to see my answers to Yinka's questions? Head on over here!