IMATS Los Angeles/Pasadena 2010 Part I

Friday, July 2, 2010

This year I had the opportunity to attend the annual IMATS 2010 event in Pasadena California.  It was a 2 in 1 trip since I was attending a wedding on Saturday in Long Beach.  Although I wasn't able to attend the event on Saturday, I made the best use of time on Sunday.  I had an amazing time at IMATS and would like to give special thanks to two very sweet ladies, Ann and Sara from Ann Flowers Communications for providing me an opportunity to cover the event.


















I have to say IMATS is hands down one of the best trade shows I have attended.  The talent displayed through student competitions, makeup artists, and makeup vendors are incredible. IMATS and Ann's team did a great job of organizing the event with ticket booths, security, and line set up.  It was very easy to find the entrance and place to pick up tickets since there are signs with instructions.  I thought it was a great idea to provide each attendee with a large bag to put our purchased goodies. It took me so long to finally post about this because I took over 850 pictures from this event.  Yes you heard it correct..over 850! I've been frantically trying to download, filter, and edit them to share with you.  I will break this coverage into 4 parts since there are lots to cover. All images are copyrighted so if you'd like to use them, please contact me first. Now onwards with the show!
















One of the most talked about brand of the show is Crown Brushes which had an astoundingly large selection of brushes.  I had an opportunity to speak to the Latin America and North American rep from the company.  Both are very nice gentlemen who too the time to answer my inquiries about the different grades and types of brushes available.  I am thoroughly impressed with the brand in terms of brush variety, affordability, and especially the customer service and thoughtfulness of the owner/brand reps.


















This is my favorite line from Crown. These are super soft but also dense at the same time.  They are price higher but the quality speaks for itself.

















Here is a wide variety of the Italian Badger line.


 A nice affordable set of Italian Badger along with a brush belt. I love the brush belts since it's so affordable at $12USD and great for makeup artists to hold the brushes while working on a client.


Other sets available at the show.













A beauty lover favorite, OCC had a very chic stand for their products.  The famous lip tars were flying off the shelves once the door opened at 10AM.


OCC pigments and nail polishes.


































NYX had a gigantic both at the show with almost everything from the brand available. It was amazing and overwhelming at the same time. I love the set up and the line to pay was inside the booth so it was very convenient and not crazy long.  There are show specials with lower prices for most of the products.













The wide array of NYX lipglosses and lipsticks.










NYX blushes! There was also a large variety of cream blushes at the show. I was able to purchase 4 of them.








Eye shadow palettes.  I haven't seen some of these in the stores before so this was a great opportunity to get them if NYX is not readily available at your local stores.

















These are extremely bright and pigmented.
MAC Pro had a booth right in the front and offered 20% off all products.  The line was incredibly long and I managed to pick up a couple of brushes after waiting very patiently in line for 45 minutes!  Mind you this was at 3:00pm in the afternoon on Sunday.


















The MAC Pro paints are vibrant and great for color designs or press/magazine makeup.

The Make Up Forever line was twice as worst than MAC.  It wrapped around the entire booth all day with everyone rushing to purchase the products at 40% off.  The most popular products are HD foundation and the new Aqua Creams.  I did test swatches and found these to be shimmery and gorgeous.  They might be a bit tricky to apply on the eyes since they dry very fast.  Due to time constraints, I didn't have the opportunity to spend more time at MUFE or purchase any products.







I love the stand and presentation of MUFE's Spring 2010 line emphasizing on gold.  There are gold pigments and eye pencil available.
































Stay tune for part II...

Has anything tickled your fancy so far?

12 comments:

Marie said...

I am loving the pictures!:D I have never seen so many NYX products before! So tempting!:D


http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
& Life According to Marie.

The Girly Tomboy said...

Sweet! I have been waiting for this since you mentioned you were going last week! I really want to get my mitts on those MUFE HD blushes. And the NYX variety - DROOL!

I can't wait to see more of your pictures. :)

resham said...

My dear, I am seeing THE BEST COVERAGE of IMATS on this blog...Can't wait for the next part...
btw, I want to go and snatch those GOLD MUFE Pigments....so freakin bad!

Kaitlyn said...

so jealous!! i was dying to go, but plane tickets were out of the question right now. i'm going next year, for sure!

kali said...

I'm super jealous! I wanted to go for the last 2 years but never could. What was your favorite Crown Brush line called? Also, I'm YEARNING for all those lip tars. =(

P.S. LOL.. I sooo remember you saying you were on a no buy since your trip to Asia! I can't wait for your haul though. ;)

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

WOW, I wish I could've attended. This looked like so much fun! :) The exploration alone of this makeup haven is sure to make any girl go crazy! :D

Kristie @ naturalNchicmakeup.blogspot.com said...

Marie - thanks. NYX products are great and affordable!

Girly Tomboy - ya sorry it took so long. I have so many to edit. They're slowly going up!

Kaitlyn - aww that's too bad. Hopefully you get to go next year.

resham - aww thanks! Yea MUFE gold pigments are beautiful!

kali - LOL you're right..I am on a no buy but 20% off MAC? I can't resist that one! The brushes I like are from the Syntho Series. Will do review on one of the brushes soon.

Rainy Days and Lattes - I know what you mean. It can be overwhelming...so many brands and sales!

Stephanie said...

I wish I could have gone! Sadly, I'm on the other side of the country. Maybe I'll go to the NY one next year! I love the pictures that you took too

MakeupMandiTX said...

Great post. It "almost" makes up for me having to cancel my trip. ;) I love that you got to go and are sharing with us! :)

♔ MW said...

oh wow !!

u took great pics *drools*

Dizzy said...

WOW! Amazing! I’m so jealous!
The crown brushes and OCC lip tars are the ones I hit up 1st.

Anonymous said...

I AM GOING TO IMATS!! LA!! woohoo so excited but expensive airfair,hotel,taxi,ticket,makeup ughhhhh

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!