Beauty Blogs Backstage: An Interview With Phyrra

Saturday, August 21, 2010

This month, Beauty Blogs Backstage paired me with Courtney from Phyrra.net.  Here's my interview with her:

  1. Phyrra is primarily focused on reviewing vegan and mineral makeup, which is a rarity the beauty blogging community. How did you become interested in vegan/mineral and is it difficult to find cosmetics companies tailored to these categories?
    I became interested in mineral makeup when I became fed up with being unable to find a foundation to match my skintone. I had been wearing MAC NW15 or NC15 (depending on the makeup artist who sold to me at the time), and was tired of it being too dark, so I started looking for alternative foundations. I stumbled across mineral makeup. I explored several different brands and had a friend determine my undertones for me and helped me find a match in Meow Cosmetics. Their Pampered Puss foundation in Inquisitive Siamese is my perfect match. Incidentally I have an odd mix of undertones, a bit of beige, a bit of cream, a bit of peach, and a touch of yellow, with a pink overtone. This is why it can be very difficult for me to find a good foundation match. Meow's Siamese is a Neutral shade, and it works well for me.

    So after being interested in the foundations, I started trying the eye shadows. I was impressed with the color payoff and have been gravitating towards companies that sell these products ever since. Among my favorites are Fyrinnae, Meow, Aromaleigh, Morgana, Spell, Detrivore, Suds n' Sass, Beauty from the Earth, Silk Naturals, Sugarpill, Sobe Botanicals, Evil Shades, Hi-Fi, Beautiful Girl, High Voltage, Glamour Doll Eyes, Shiro, Concrete Minerals and Sassy Minerals.
  1. What is your all time favorite bold/bright color look?
    Probably wearing a bright yellow-green-chartreuse shade with a vibrant blue-teal.
  2. Name one nail varnish color you cannot live without.
    BB Couture Blue Bahama. I've been wearing the heck out of this nail polish since I got it.
  3. If you could only shop at one beauty store for the rest of your life, which would it be? (i.e Nordstrom, Macys, Sephora, etc)
    Ug, that would be horrible. Most of my favorite brands are indie and they aren't sold at Sephora. Uhm, maybe Etsy.
  4. What has been your wildest hair color?
    Probably when I had peacock hair - bright aqua, shades of blue and shades of purple.
  5. Would you say your fashion style is the same or completely different from your makeup style?
    I'm not really sure what style/category I fall into. I have goth / j-rock leanings and I love bright colors when it comes to makeup. For clothes, I tend to lean towards wearing black with bright colors.
  6. Last but not least, I have to ask..Team Jacob or Team Edward?
    Neither! Team Eric all the way! Yum!

To see Courtney's interview with me, visit here!

3 comments:

Dizzy said...

I checked Phyrra! And I love her blog! Thank you for sharing 8D
I also tagged you on my latest post check it out 8)

coffretgorge said...

OMG you had peacock hair?! i want to see! i've never seen peacock hair before. hehehe ;)

coffretgorge said...

silly me! hahaha sorry about that :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!