Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick: Boy Swatches and Review

Saturday, January 29, 2011

This coming April 2011, Chanel will release a new line of lipsticks called Rouge Coco Shine with 25 different shades. Each lipstick retails for $32USD. These are sheerer compared to Rouge Allures and Rouge Coco but apply slightly glossier.  The promo images below are from Bella Sugar.  Please visit here for more exclusive promotional images.

 The Rouge Coco Shine's packaging is the same as Rouge Coco's formula.  It is in a glossy black tube with a clicking sound when you close the cap.  The most noticeable difference is the shape of the lipstick.  These look very similar to MAC's Slimshines which have been discontinued.


Out of the 25 shades, Nordstrom exclusively carries Boy, which will be released on 2/10 for a Valentines Day special sale.  The rest of the shades will be released in April.  Boy has been the talk of the town for quite some time since the announcement of Rouge Coco Shine's release.  Luckily my local counter will be carrying this exclusive shade and had a tester out for swatches!


The shade is a glossy pink rose  with subtle shimmer that's not all that sheer as shown above. I swiped once on the left and twice on the right.  I guess you can say it's sheer in comparison with Rouge Cocos and Rouge Allures, but it's definitely much better in texture compared to the Aqualumieres. This particular shade felt like a balm on the lips and provided a beautiful glossy effect.  I will say this is probably better for pigmented lips because it looked very rosy on me, but rather sheer and muted on the SA's lips. 

Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks also have a strong rose fragrance similar to RAs and RCs.  You will smell it right away but the scent dissipates quickly after application.  It felt very smooth on my lips and lasted for a good 3-4 hrs without eating or drinking.  

Overall, I like the texture and pigmentation of the lipstick but do wish the staying power was a little better.  The shade is beautiful but reminds me of a lighter, glossier version of Rouge Coco's Mademoiselle. Is it a must have?  Yes, if you like semi-sheer, glossy lipsticks that provide just the right amt of pigmentation.  If you're looking for bold, opaque, matte finishes with long wear time, this will not be as fitting.

To get your very own Boy on 2/10, call your local counters to do a pre-sale.  After 2/10, they will not be released again until April. To see a complete list of stores offering this shade, head on over to Amy's blog at Cafemakeup. She has them all listed! 

You can see my post on dupes and comparisons of Boy here.

Does Boy have your heart skipping a beat?

11 comments:

cryskay said...

this post makes me want to visit my local chanel counter to pick up a few more chanel rouge lipsticks. xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! In the UK yet!? I love the texture of a sheeny/glossy lip. Shops are a-calling me!X

..R May A.. said...

These look gorgeous :)
I'll have to check if they're out in the UK!! x

PinkOrchids said...

All really lovely colours!!!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Yes! These are just beautiful shades! One day I have to invest in a Chanel lipstick!

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

These all look amazing. I don't have any Chanel lip products but I might be buying one of these.

the Honey B said...

i need this!!!!!!!!!!! great post! you officially got me addicted to chanel!!!! :)

switch said...

This looks like a must have for me! Can't wait :)

Sabrina said...

Oh I definitely want to try these!

Olivia said...

great review! i love the detail you went in to!!

NYC, Style and a little Cannoli said...

very pretty as I think anything Chanel is wonderful...great site..new follower..love the subject matter!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!