Guerlain Spring 2011 Collection Swatches and Review

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm sure you all have heard quite a bit about Guerlain's Spring 2011 Collection from various blogs, including my own focusing mostly on the Blush G Serie Noire.  Since the collection is finally available at most counters, I went to check it out to satisfy my own curiosity.  Here I share with you swatches and review on the remaining products! Stock image courtesy of Nordstrom website.


Those who follow me on twitter may remember the picture below that was posted last week.

Guerlain Écrin 6 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette ($84USD)
       Rue De Rivoli contains 6 eyeshadows in a stunning palette as shown above.  There is a mirror included that opens from left to right.  The shades consists of a frosty white, frosty dark taupe brown, frosty cream with pink shimmer, matte pink, matte bright fuchsia, and a grey-brown  It's rather nice Guerlain included both frosty and matte shadows in the palette.


The texture of the matte colors are fairly smooth but it takes 4-5 swipes to see a vibrant, more opaque color in the swatch.  I had no problems swatching the frosty colors but they weren't particularly my favorite shades.  The 3rd shade counting from the left reminds me of MAC's Nanogold eyeshadow with a bit more pink.


Taken with flash:


Guerlain Ombré Éclat 1 Shade Single Eyeshadow ($36USD)
       Etreinte 143 is a frosty white that was a bit fussy to swatch. I wasn't sure if it was the tester's problem, but the texture was very "chunky".
       Ondee 186is a satin to matte finish medium grey with shimmer.
       Soupir 187 is a dark brown with shimmer that's more of a soft satin finish.


Taken with flash:



Here are all the eyeshadows taken with and without flash:

 Guerlain Rouge G Serie Noire Lipstick ($47USD)
       Rouge Sensuel 24 is a red with some coral undertone and gold shimmer.
       Orange Euphorique 45 is a coral/orange that was particularly fussy to swatch as well.
       Fuchsia Delice 70 is a cool tone pink and not exactly what I would call fuchsia. It's a rather pretty shade.
       Rose Desir 71 is a light pink with very noticeable shimmer.  This swatches more like a sheer Kiss Kiss lipstick.  

I like most of the lip color shades, which I think will be flattering for all skin tones.  I'm not particularly fond of their prices or the extremely strong fragrance.  I have purchased a Rouge G lipstick but had to return it because I'm very sensitive to fragrance.



Guerlain Kiss Kiss Gloss
      Frizzy Mango 849 is a pinky coral with gold shimmer that's very pretty.  I was instantly attracted to this shade and am confused why it's called mango.  It's far from yellow or green!
      Moka Shake 850 is a reddish brown with gold shimmer.
      Rosy Plum 867 is a fantastic rosy plum with gold shimmer.  If you like berry or plum shades, you will most likely love this color.  It's truly stunning in person. 


Blush G Serie Noire - swatches and review can be seen on my previous post here. 

Overall, I would say this collection is definitely a great transition from winter to spring colors.  The shades are pretty and flattering for all skin tones.  I tried on the lipglosses, which I thought were gorgeous, slightly sticky, but don't have a strong lingering scent like the lipsticks.  Although the Guerlain Écrin 6 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette and single shadows have nice textures, I'm still not wowed by Guerlain's eyeshadows.  I think it's the muted colors and slightly powdery shades that really throw me off.  Guerlain fans will probably think otherwise, but I still have not been tempted to purchase any of the palettes.

Top Picks: Blush G Serie Noire, all of the Kiss Kiss Glosses,  Fuchsia Delice, Rouge Sensuel
If you're on a budget: Check out the Blush G Serie Noire and Frizzy Mango or Rosy Plum
What came home with me:  Blush G Serie Noire

What's on your list from this collection? 

6 comments:

The Girlie Blog said...

I agree that the colors are flattering. They look very pretty.

Katie said...

Those colors look beautiful!

http://www/pinkbeautybliss.com

Makeup Magpie said...

Very pretty! I like the looks of the Frizzy Mango gloss. I swatched the taupey/brown eyeshadow single in the store and may get that one at some point. :)

Diary of a Short Girl said...

I love the colors, especially fuchsia delice! Great blog

luv2smilexo said...

ahh *covers eyes* noo i'm trying to resist this collection. It does look really beautiful though

Juujubez said...

Thank you for the swatches! I am picking up Frizzy Mango tomorrow, it is simply gorgeous! Did you purchase anything from the collection? =D. I may eventually cave and purchase a couple Rouge Gs too...my poor wallet >:(.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!