Sephora Hello Kitty Hand Held Mirror Review

Sunday, January 23, 2011

There are 3 mirrors offered in the Hello Kitty line at Sephora.  One of them is the hand held mirror retailing for $35USD.  It is a shiny metallic mirror in the shape of Hello Kitty's head.  I was really excited to see this since I've been needing a hand held mirror for quite some time.  It was simply the perfect opportunity! Who can turn down this beauty?

The packaging is white with a large metallic-like large Hello Kitty face and numerous small faces in the background.  This is consistent thorough the entire collection.


The length is 10 inches, 6.5 inches at its widest point, and the mirror is a 5.5 inch oval shape.  It is also manufactured in China. 


In the box, you'll find the mirror in a plastic cover and bubble wrap.  It is shiny, metallic-like but is made out of plastic.  Below is the back side of the mirror where you can see her face with a lovely bow. I took these pictures in dark lighting but the actual color is a very light silver, not a dark metallic like below.



The backside is a normal oval shape mirror below her ears.  I say normal because it's not a zoomed in or 5/8X mirror.


Although the product is made out of plastic, it definitely does not feel flimsy or cheap.  I like how it weighs just right, not too heavy or too light.  The side view of the mirror shows you how thick it is for a better idea. This is also the most accurate color of the mirror.


I think the hand held mirror is very well made because of the intricate details added to the bow.  It's not a flat surface, but a diamond cut to give the edges an almost 3D effect.  Simply beautiful.


Here are images of the hand held mirror in better lighting to reflect the true colors. I can hold it comfortably without the length being too short or too long.  The only thing you have to worry about this mirror are fingerprints.  They are definitely noticeable because of the silver color. 


The mirror is a very glossy silver and may look slippery but it really isn't.


Couple more shots for eye candy ;)  Sometimes I think I may be too old for Hello Kitty but applaud Sephora for making the mirror in this beautiful shiny silver color. Although it is made out of plastic, it's a very grown-up mirror that even ladies over 20 can use without feeling too juvenile!


When I look in the mirror, I can see most of my face plus some background on the side.  This is great for checking your makeup in natural lighting, eyebrow grooming, or simple makeup application.


Overall, I really like the Hello Kitty hand held mirror.  I think is is chic and well designed in terms of length, weight, and size.  Some minor setbacks are the fingerprint impressions and the fact that it's made out of plastic.  You will have to be careful not to bang this on corners or rough surfaces because it will get scratched.  I do wish the price would be a bit lower but since it is a collectible item that's rather well-made, I can understand why it's slightly higher.

Bottom line: If you're a Hello Kitty collector, definitely don't ignore this unless you want to pay outrageous prices on EBAY later.  If you're on a budget, I would still recommend checking this out at a local counter.  Out of the 3 items that I purchased, this is my favorite product as it is the most impressive.

Is the hand held mirror a yay or nay for you?

19 comments:

Tiffany said...

That mirror is so cute! I agree with you and am happy they didn't make it out of plastic. It looks a little more grown-up (not like you have a kiddie toy mirror) with the silver, I think.

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I love it. I want one now! :)
xx
Alicia

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

That mirror just screams gorgeous!!!!!!! It's so pristine and beautiful!

The Dollymix Diaries said...

Looks cute!!

LipGlossGossip said...

So cute! I got the fragrance and I love it! Plus the bottle is adorable! :)

Keirasluckycharm said...

Its really cute! but i hate having to hold it. I want one that stands on its own. ;-)

Nikkia (Silver Lips) said...

OK, It's official! I need this mirror!! It is way to cute to not have lol ! Thanks for sharing this great photos

Klaudea said...

Oh my gosh you have no idea how fast this mirror sold at my Sephora! I didn't even get a chance to see the damn thing in person before it was sold out and I work there!

I love the detailed shots though, I keep getting people asking me for this mirror and now I finally have a better idea behind the whole obsession with it!

cryskay said...

i need to get my hands on the hello kitty x sephora collection! thanks for sharing. xo

Tamara said...

Wow, this is so pretty! The care to detail definitely lends it a sophisticated look.

I'm definitely a fan of freestanding mirrors though, so I don't think it's for me.

resham said...

The quality looks nice...Not cheap and crappy...I will chk this at my local Sephora ASAP...

Kristie said...

Tiffany - Hey Tiff, it's actually made out of plastic but it doesn't feel or look cheap at all. Will you be picking one up?

FunnyFaceBeauty - Let me know how you like it!

Rainy Days and Lattes - It sure does ;)

The Dollymix Diaries - are u picking it up?

LipGlossGossip - yay. Glad you enjoy the perfume.

Keirasluckycharm - that would be awesome if they make a standing mirror.

Nikkia - np! It definitely is super cute.

Klaudea - oh wow. They haven't hit the stores for us yet. Hopefully you can grab one if you can.

cryskay - np. Good luck!

Tamara - Let's hope Sephora releases a standing mirror too!

resham - yes, definitely check it out. It is super cute.

Me said...

I got the same mirror! I love it and I use it everyday to apply my makeup! love love love! i might order this for my bridesmaids as gifts.

The Beautifier said...

How cute is that mirror! I love hello kitty things!!xoxo

Maki said...

omg im obsessed with hello kitty in general but sometimes the prices can get a little outrageous for their collectibles. Gosh I LOVEEEE the hello kitty mirror. It's absolutely amazing how well made it's made. Spotless, and flawless. A girl can never have enough hello kitty. Its a global addiction ~ ! The HKitty Syndrome.

Popcorn said...

For me, the design is cute, but I don't really think I absolutely need it. This is going to be pass for me, but I definitely will be checking out their other makeup items like the lipsticks. :)

Thanks for the Review~~

Anonymous said...

I love it! I got it as a gift for my birthday! its really pretty and cute ... one of kind mirror!

NYC, Style and a little Cannoli said...

I like the mirror, what were your thoughts on the makeup? It didn't thrill me online so I didn't bother with it..was expecting more I think. I also liked the rhinestone compact as well...I always pick the most expensive items in a collection!!!

Kristie said...

NYC - I checked out some of the makeup but wasn't impressed with the quality. The eyeshadows are ok but the lip products are sticky/sheer. I also think the quality of the makeup didn't justify the high prices :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!