Chanel Pensee, Pink Peony, Aurore Glossimers Swatches and Review

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chanel Summer 2010 Collection has 3 new limited edition Glossimer shades in Pensee (277), Pink Peony (267), and Aurore (287).  These all retail for $28.50USD and are available at Chanel online, Nordstroms, Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc. I first saw these pop up on Chanel's website but was on a no-buy due to Lent.  I was definitely curious about the colors and got a sneak peek thanks to Sabrina from TheBeautyLookBook. She wrote a great post with swatches and comparisons on them here.


I love the names of these glosses as they're so fitting for the summer season.  If you are a lover of shimmer, these glosses will not disappoint.  All of Chanel's Glossimers come with a doe-foot tip applicator.


Pink Peony (267) is a medium pink with silver shimmer.

Pensee (277) is a red coral with gold shimmer.
Aurore (287) is a milky baby pink with gold and violet shimmer in the tube.

From a first glance at the tubes alone, all of the Glossimers look very shimmery  and beautiful. 


Here they are again.  You can clearly see the distinct shimmer colors in each of the tubes.  Pink Peony shows the silver shimmers, Pensee's gold shimmers twinkle brightly, and Aurore shows a golden sheen.


Swatches reflect exactly what's seen in the tubes both in color and shimmer with the exception of Aurore.  In the tube, it is a milky pink but in the swatch, Aurore is a golden shade with gold and violet shimmers. On my lips, there is no hint of the milky pink shade.  Pensee is somewhat similar to Nakkar, a red coral with gold shimmer.  Pink Peony is a medium pink with silver shimmer but applies nearly sheer on my lips.


Swatch in darker lighting. All of the Glossimers provide a glossy sheen to the lips, making it look shiny and luscious.  These are not sticky and have great wear time.  I am a huge fan of Chanel's Glossimers.


Overall, the Glossimers look incredible in the tubes but are much sheerer on the lips.  These are not opaque and are best layered on top of a lipstick.  By themselves, they are sheer with Pensee giving off a slight hint of coral red on the lips.  I'm personally not a fan of apparent shimmer in glosses or lipsticks so these aren't particularly my favorites. Out of the 3, Aurore's shimmer are actually the most subtle.  I think this is because there are several colors, which blend in seamlessly.  Pensee in comparison, only has gold shimmers so there are random pieces of gold on my lips. 

Bottom Line:
If you're on a budget and already own a lot of Glossimers, Aurore is probably the most unique one to pick up.  If you're on a budget and want to try Glossimers for the first time, Aurore is a good start but also look at more opaque colors such as Bel Air, Waterlily, Wild Rose, etc. If you're not on a budget and a lover of shimmery glosses, all 3 shades will be for you.

Which shade speaks to you most?

11 comments:

Polarbelle said...

Fantastic post and your pictures are fabulous!!!

Blusherine said...

I love all three shades, gorgeous all three!

the Honey B said...

i love all three of these!!!!

PerilouslyPale said...

Beautiful pictures!! I have Pensee and Aurore arriving any day and can't wait! I'm thinking I should have maybe got Nakkar instead if it's more pigmented. In your comment on the more pigmented Glossimers can you elaborate on your etc. please. I'd love to know what Glossimers are most pigmented as I don't have access to a counter and prefer the more pigmented ones. Thanks!

Makeup Magpie said...

Such clear photos! This is very helpful - I am leaning towards Aurore :)

Mitz said...

Oh I had such high hopes for Aurore from how it looks in the tube but seeing the swatch on your hand it's nothing like I thought it would be. It's still beautiful but a little too sheer for me maybe. As always your photos are incredible. :)

kristygirll said...

i love the Aurore !

Kristie said...

Polarbelle - TY! I was inspired by your post ;)

Blusherine - Aren't they gorgeous in the tube??

the Honey B - Are you going to pick them up?

PerilouslyPale - Chanel's Glossimer lines have shades that are more opaque. You might want to try checking out Maqnifique, Pagoda, Myrade, Spark. Karlasugar has great swatches you can check out here: http://karlasugar.net/2008/06/chanel-glossimer/. Hope that helps!

Makeup Magpie - Thanks. I'm glad it was helpful.

Mitz - Aurore is definitely sheer but very pretty layered on top of a lipstick. Thanks for your kind comment.

kristygirll - Me too!

Nat said...

All three are gorgeous, Pensee looks particularly pretty though! Thank you for the lovely pictures and swatches.

Miki Gumia said...

I recently moved to my new blog chicstylista.wordpress.com I just want to thank you for the wonderful comments you've posted to my old blog, xoxo Miki

Ling @thebestbeautyblog said...

I am loving Pensee! I want want want!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!