Guerlain Ombre Fusion Cream Eyeshadows Swatches and Review

Monday, April 18, 2011

There are 3 new Ombre Fusion Cream Eyeshadows also released in Guerlain's Inca Summer 2011 Collection. If you've seen Chanel's Ombre d'Eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows, these are the same concept but much better.  They retail for $35USD each and can be purchased at selected Nordstrom Guerlain counters.


The packaging is similar to Chanel's Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows, with a square glass tube that's a little bit longer.

 The 3 shades offered are Bahia, Havana, and Maya.


Each of the eyeshadows come with a toe tip applicator. What's special about these how well the colors apply using the applicator.  It is not a fluid, but rather a creamy eyeshadow that is easy to blend. I find that using the doe tip applicator is the best method to deposit colors on the eyelids.


I had a bit of a tough time capturing the multi-color shimmers in these eyeshadows. They are very pretty and much more vibrant in person.

Bahia is a baby pink with silver shimmer
Havana is a chameleon. In certain angles, it looks like an olive shade but in others, it looks like taupe.  This is a really unique shade with multi-color shimmers (green, gold, pink).
Maya is a dark bronze with multi-color shimmers.  This was my favorite shade out of the 3.


Swatches taken by the window.


These were taken in direct sunlight so you can see some of the shimmer in each shade.


Photo taken with flash with indoor lighting.  It's interesting how the shimmers show up much better when the photo is blurred. I use the doe tip applicator to lightly press the colors onto my lids.  If you want to blend, I recommend doing it quickly because these are not fluids, so they dry pretty fast. The colors may look shimmery in the swatch but are very soft and subtle once applied on the eyes.  There's also no shimmer fallout for those who are worried about dealing with a glittery mess.


Overall, I have a hard time saying which is truly the stars in Guerlain's Inca Collection. I like all of the pieces because they're all unique.  I like these cream eyeshadows quite a bit because they are richly pigmented, blendable, and don't budge at all once set.  These colors make a beautiful base combined with the eyeshadow palette reviewed earlier.  You can also use these by themselves on the lid as a single shade.  The shimmers in each cream shadow gives them an extra oomph on the lids. I prefer these over Chanel's Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows because of staying power.

Bottom line: If you're on a budget, pick up at least one of these shades. My top recommendation is Maya, the deep bronze with shimmer color.  If you're not on a budget, pick up all three or at least Maya and Havana.  I highly recommend checking these out in person. They are gorgeous and well worth the money.


I've also reviewed Terra Indigo 4 Shadow Palette here in case you've missed it.


Which shade speaks to you most? What are your thoughts on Guerlain's Ombre Fusion Cream Eyeshadows?

21 comments:

The Girlie Blog said...

I love the staying power of cream eye shadows, and these are very pretty colors. $35 is a very steep price though :O(

www.thegirlieblog.com

Urban Warrior said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! I swatched them at the counter and found them pretty amazing, but wasn't sure they're worth $35 ... now I regret not getting at least one of them ... I might go back :D

Replica said...

They are stunning, I will have to get Maya and Havana. Thanks so much for the post :)

Beauty Addict said...

the cream shadows look stunning! I need to have them!

pinkribbons said...

The last photo really shows how beautiful the cream shadows are. I think I will pick up Bahia and Havana. Enjoy your new goodies :)

Sweet D. said...

These look gorgeous. I'm always wary of very shimmery or glitter filled shadows because of fallout but these seem perfect! :)

Edwina said...

The cream eye shadows are beautiful!!! I think I somewhat prefer them more than the palette? But all the colours are gorgeous nonetheless <3

Tiffany said...

Reading this post was definitely a mistake on my part because now I want to break my Project 10 Pan and get Havana :( So gorgeous! Maybe I missed it somewhere, but are these limited edition?

BombbDotCom said...

Wow! These look amazing(=
Thanks for the swatches!
xo

reene said...

Havana and Maya are beautiful.. how could I have missed these?? Will be heading to a counter this weekend!

Thanks for bringing them to my attention. :D

Ishah @ Beauty Mamas said...

Those look gorgeous, really smooth and pretty. Loving the shimmer on Maya.

coffretgorge said...

oh gosh these are gorgeous! Bahia looks so girly and sweet. i want to try! :D

the Honey B said...

I want these!! Gorgeous! Please don't get me hooked on Guerlain like you got me hooked on Chanel!!! ;)

NIKKIA (Silver Lips) said...

Great swatches! I think I'm going to have to pick up Maya not only because it is a beautiful color but because it's my sisters name lol Corny I know

PinkOrchids said...

The colours look really good quality and pretty!! I haven't actually seen cream shadows in this packaging, i thought it was lipgloss at first!! You're always so updated with makeup! xX

Makeup Magpie said...

These look amazing! I definitely have my eye on Maya! Thanks for the review :)

Mylinda said...

Thanks for this review. Your swatches are much appreciated. I totally love Chanel's Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows but if you think these are better, I definitely have to give them a shot.

Kristie said...

The Girlie Blog - I know the price is a tad high but these are totally worth the $.

Urban Warrior - They are gorgeous!! I am in love with Maya. The color is so beautiful and shimmery.

Replica - np! I hope you love them as much as I do.

Beauty Addict - Let me know which ones you plan to pick up.

pinkribbons - It's difficult to capture the multi-color shimmers without being blurry :) Hope you enjoy them!

Sweet D. - yes, no shimmery fallout with these at all.

Edwina - I agree. If you can pick up only 1 thing from this collection, I'd say go for the cream eyeshadows. These are beautiful.

Tiffany - heeh sorry. I have emailed Guerlain and asked the counters. The SAs said they don't know if the cream eyeshadows and lipglosses are LE. The bronzer and Terre Indigo 4 Shadow Palette are LE for sure.

BombbDotCom - You're very welcome!

reene - np! Check them out in person and swatch them on your hands. They are super gorgeous in real life.

Ishah @ Beauty Mamas - Maya has multiple different color shimmers, making it the most unique shade out of the 3.

coffretgorge - hahah you went for the girly color! It is pretty but not as much compared to Maya.

the Honey B - LOL. Sorry! I only recommend what I think are beautiful. You know you're hooked on Chanel's glossimers now ;)

NIKKIA (Silver Lips) - aww not, corny. It's quite cute. Your sister has a lovely name!

PinkOrchids - The packaging is similar to Chanel's Fluid Eyeshadows but I assure you, this is much better in comparison.

Makeup Magpie - np! Yes, definitely check out Maya.

Mylinda - Thank you for stopping by. I really love these more compared to Chanel's fluids because they're so pigmented, especially Maya.

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Your blog is becoming too dangerous for me to read!!! You always make me want new things...I was good with what I had and now I need Maya! Thanks a lot. Seriously though, it is such a gorgeous colour. I have never tried a formula like this for cream shadow and am now really interested.
xx
Alicia

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

Wow, those are beautiful! Maya is a must-have.

Faye of Eye Cream Reviews said...

I love the color and the packaging. I think the product was so nice to use it. Its make a women looks stunning.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!