Le Metier de Beaute Rock 'N' Romance Swatches and Review

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nordstrom's Anniversary sale just officially kicked off today, July 5th.  As a card member, I was able to check out all the anniversary sale exclusives and take them home with me.  Le Metier de Beaute has a limited edition mini nail polish collection called Rock 'N' Romance.  It retails for $25USD.


The collection has 4 colors in Midnight Rendevous, True Romance, Chrome Passion, and Heat of the Night.


Every single color in this exclusive set has shimmer so none of them are matte or flat.



Midnight Rendevous is a dark navy blue with silver and blue shimmers.
True Romance is a champagne with very subtle pink and silver shimmers.
Chrome Passion is a mushroom taupe with multi-color shimmer.
Heat of the Night is a burgundy red with red shimmer.

Here are the colors by the window.  You can't really see the shimmers as well in this shot aside from Chrome Passion and Midnight Rendevous.


Here they are taken with flash:


The formula is very easy to use so I had no issues.  Chrome Passion and Heat of the Night both only required 1 coat.  The other two shades required 2 coats to be opaque.  There is a bit of streaking for True Romance that can be smoothed out after 2-3 coats.


All 4 shades are gorgeous, with Heat of the Night as my absolute favorite.  It is such a beautiful red that glistens in the sun with red shimmers. You can see the different color shimmers much better in the shot below. True Romance reminds me of a much lighter version of Chanel's Quartz.


Here are the polishes in the tube directly in the sun.  You can see the shimmer glistening even in the bottle.


One more in the sun.


Bottom line: Get it before it disappears. All 4 shades are beautiful and the formula is easy to use.  I can imagine this mini set flying off the shelves from Nordstroms.  I thought Heat of the Night nailed it in the coffin for me but the other 3 shades also took me by surprise.

One tip for you while shopping for Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale: find the center aisle of your cosmetics center. All of the anniversary exclusive sets are placed in one area. Grab what you want and decide later.  There were so many people at the store today and limited quantities of the items put out. I made the mistake of going to each brand's counter and couldn't find a single thing.

Will you be picking this up?

11 comments:

luv2smilexo said...

thank you thank you thank you!!! I need them :P

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

I echo Christina in that I need them, so pretty!

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Gorgeous collection although emotionally I am just not ready for fall colours...lol.
xx
Alicia

PerilouslyPale said...

Ugh I'm starting to get frustrated with all of these exclusives *sigh*

Meeta said...

These are divine! I will just have to make do with seeing photos as we can't get this here.

Replica said...

They are all so pretty and look quite different to a lot of the shades out there, I think I'd have to get them all if Le metier was still in the UK. Thanks for the great post :)

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Such beautiful shades :)

Cynthia C. said...

OK, I feel strangely as if you are channeling my makeup obsessions... I picked this up at the Anniversary sale too - love it! I actually debated picking up two of these, b/c the bottles are on the small side. My daughter rolled her eyes and talked me out of it though - truly a sign of something that one's sixteen year-old is the voice of reason... thanks again for the lovely pics!

Kristie said...

luv2smilexo - np!! I hope you enjoy the set.

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup - yay!!

FunnyFaceBeauty - haha I know but they're just so gorgeous! I'm ready for fall now just looking at them.

PerilouslyPale - I agree. They should make this permanent.

Meeta - aww that sucks. I hope they have it available near you soon.

Replica - yes the shades are quite beautiful and definitely screams fall.

Rainy Days and Lattes - indeed!

Cynthia C. - lol you're not the only one who thought of a backup. That thought has crossed my mind as well! It certainly is a beautiful collection from LMdB

Michelle said...

I bought this today after reading your blog!! The makeup artist at the counter said "this set has been blogged about, you know" and I was like "I know!" haha Thanks for the info- I love all the colors.

Kristie said...

Michelle - yay that's awesome!! I'm so glad you love the colors. It is such a great set. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!