Dior Vernis Dauphine Pink (253) Swatches and Review

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dauphine Pink (253) is a new and permanent shade in Dior's Vernis Collection. I'm a bit confused on what the name should be since I see both Rose Dauphine and Dauphine Pink listed on the box.  This retails for $22USD and can be purchased at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks counters.


Dauphine Pink is a soft baby pink with shimmer. Unlike some of Chanel's varnishes with subtle shimmer, you can see the flecks of shimmer very well both indoor and outdoor with Dauphine Pink.


I was initially drawn to this color because of the shimmer and the soft pink hue. The finish is glossy and slightly milky.


Dauphine Pink's shimmer sparkles in bright sunlight as shown below. I only applied 2 coats so the nail line is still visible. In order to get full opacity, you will need 3 coats.  I had no issues with Dior's special tapered brush but it does need some getting used to if you've never used it before.


I'm not sure if it's because I'm too tanned in the summer, but Dauphine Pink doesn't seem to be very flattering on me.  I think I will try this again in the winter, where the contrast between my hand and the shade isn't as glaring.

 
The image below was taken by the window with natural lighting.


During my photography session, our neighborhood cat Nicey stopped by to see what I had in store.


Seeing how he has impeccable taste in fashion/cosmetics, I had to get his opinion on Dauphine Pink.  And yes, he does look that clean and sharp everyday. He loves to pamper himself!


Nicey sniffed, poked, and prodded Dauphine Pink for a quick second before nodding in agreement with me. He meowed his disapproval of the shade and walked away. Maybe he'll like it later in the winter? I'm not sure. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Overall, Dauphine Pink is a beautiful baby pink color with noticeable shimmer that will look beautiful on light skin tone ladies.  This shade reminds me of a warmer version of Chanel's Mica Rose.

What are your thoughts on Rose Dauphine? Do you agree with Nicey?

16 comments:

PinkOrchids said...

*dribbles* That is such a sweet colour!!! I love it! Your have a really pretty cat by the way! xX

Kristie said...

Thank you! It is a sweet color. I wish it looks better on me.

MsRinz said...

It is super cute color!! Looks good on you girlie :)

Fountain of Youth said...

I love the shimmer and the milky pink combo. I can never get tired of pink polishes:)

Agmini said...

I have to agree with Nicey...perhaps not the best shade for you. :(

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Uh Oh....I think I need this. I love the sparkle in it!! I actually think it looks nice with your tan. :)
xx
Alicia

Jill said...

Love the color and I think you will too come December! I had the same confusion with a Dior blush, it's listed in some places as Vintage Pink and others as Vintage Rose, but always the same number(839?). Must be. Dior thing with pinks?

Kristie said...

It must be! I think Dior likes to confuse us with 2 names, especially with pinks for some reason.

prettyaspeaches said...

Gorgeous color! Love it!

Polarbelle said...

I tried this on my finger at nordies and I thought it was pretty, too. For some reason, I bought the smokey Rock Coat instead and it looks AWESOME over the pink.

Kristie said...

I've been meaning to pick up Rock Coat as well!

Spendi e Spandi said...

Cute color!! And wonderful cat!!! =)

Eileen said...

Love your kitty pictures <3. He's obviously quite the connoisseur!

I also got a chuckle out of your name dilemma. It looks like you got a bilingual box. Rose Dauphine/Dauphine Pink = French/English. As Shakespeare would say, "A rose by any other name would smell (or, in this case, look :-D ) as sweet."

Kristie said...

Thank you Eileen! You have come to save the day again. It makes much so much more sense now that they're the same name but in different languages.

lya95 said...

Rose Dauphine is French...haha :)

Stephanie said...

it's pretty but I have Geisha Pink 243 and it looks similar but Geisha pink is crazy shimmery. Like a foil almost? You might check that out too. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!