Essie Fall 2011 Brand New Bag Collection Swatches and Review

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Essie recently released 6 new shades for fall in the Brand New Bag Collection.


I only picked up 4 out of the six shades.  The two I did not pick up are Case Study and Carry On.  Case Study is a khaki green that leans a bit yellow on my skin tone.  Carry on is a deep burgundy wine, a shade that I've seen released in previous collections.


From left to right is Very Structured, Power Clutch, Glamour Purse, and Lady Like.



Very Structure and Power Clutch look different in the bottle in bright sunlight.  You can see the orange tones in Very Structured much better in bright light.  Likewise, Power Clutch leans more gray in the sun.


The swatches with indoor lighting shows Very Structured as a burnt red without orange tones. Power Clutch is a beautiful blue-gray.  Glamour Purse is a brown-beige and Lady Like is a soft cool pink.


By the window:


In the bright sunlight:


In the afternoon sun:


I'm personally a fan of Very Structured and Power Clutch.  Very Structured is a burnt cinnamon shade that has just the right mix of orange and red to make it perfect for fall.  Power Clutch is chic as it transforms from blue to gray, and even a hint of green at certain angles.  I think most people will fall in love with this shade. Lady Like and Glamour Purse are classic neutral colors that are fitting for all seasons.

Each of the shades require 2-3 coats but they all apply smoothly without streaking or clumping.

To see swatches on the nail, check out Crystaliciousss and Lacquerwear's photos and reviews.

What are your picks from this collection?

11 comments:

G A B Y said...

I love Glamour Purse!

Makeup Magpie said...

I am loving Glamour Purse, but I think I might have a similar color already. I may pick up Very Structured - it does look like a perfect fall red :) Thanks for the great photos & swatches!

Mitz said...

Your swatches and photos are always amazing, thank you! I like the looks of Glamour Purse!

StealMyHeartLove said...

I want them all. Thanks for this post, I'm going to look for them tomorrow. :)

MsRinz said...

oh my god I love everything!!!!! so so so pretty!!! i am thinking of getting that Lady Like. It is so my color

Marie said...

I want Very Structured and Power Clutch! Thanks for the review and swatches!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Eden-Avalon said...

Are these all mattes? Or is it just me? I kind of love them!

s said...

Great review and pics:) I ended up with all 6 polishes haha! My favs are Lady Like, Glamour Purse, and Carry On (even though it's not really unique it is my first deep wine color;)

Crystal said...

very structured is my favorite too :) thanks so much for the link, your blog is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I 've just discovered your Blog, it is excellent!I find also that my taste is very very close to your. The last two hours i check older posts. Excellent taste and clever choices. It will help me if its possible to tell me your skin color (in Mac). Big hugs from Greece, Amalia

Kristie said...

Hi Amalia - thank you do much for your kind comment. I am NC25-30 in MAC foundation shade.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!