Le Metier de Beaute Fall/Winter Mini Nail Lacquer Swatches and Review

Monday, September 5, 2011

Recently, Le Metier de Beaute released a new limited edition mini nail lacquer collection called East Meet West. This collection was inspired by "jewels, spices and luxurious fabrics traveled along the Silk Road". For those who don't know what the Silk Road is, it is a network of trade routes that connects South/East/West Asia to the Mediterranean and European world.

The 4 shades are Dynasty, Silk Road, Urban Dweller, and Anatolia.  I saw all 4 at the local Neiman Marcus counter but didn't realize Anatolia was in the collection.  I only have swatches of the other 3 colors. Each shade retails for $10USD.




Silk Road is a orange, bronze copper with shimmer.
Urban Dweller is a rich chocolate with plum undertones and multicolor shimmer.
Dynasty is described as a deep shimmering fuchsia but it looks more red on me.


I was instantly drawn to Urban Dweller because the shade is unique and so chic for Fall. Silk Road is a shade I usually would never be able to pull off but I was strangely attracted to it. The color reminds me so much of the gorgeous maple leaves I saw in Quebec.


Le Metier De Beaute is quickly becoming one of my favorite nail lacquer brands.  The colors are richly pigmented and require literally 1 coat to be nicely opaque.  I did the swatches with 2 coats but you can easily get away with just 1.


Here are close ups so you can see the shimmer better in each shade:


In bright sunlight:


Out of the 3 shades that I swatched, I walked away with only Urban Dweller.  However, I really wish I had picked up Silk Road as well. 


Urban Dweller looks the same in the bottle as it does on the nail.


Here are the 3 shades taken with flash:


One last image...


Bottom Line: I highly recommend checking out Le Metier de Beaute's East Meet West Nail Collection.  The shades are gorgeous, pigmented, and super chic for the Fall season.  Although the bottle is quite small, I don't think I have ever finished a nail lacquer shade.  These retail for $10USD, which are quite affordable for a high quality nail lacquer.  My two favorites are Urban Dweller and Silk Road. For those on a budget, don't waver too long because this is a limited edition collection.

Both Ilse from The Ultimate Makeup  and Sabrine from The Beauty Look Book have beautiful swatches and in-depth review of each shade of this collection. To see the entire Fall Collection, check out swatches from the talented Karla from KarlaSugar.

What are your thoughts on East Meet West? Which shade caught your attention?

6 comments:

Fountain of Youth said...

I have my eye on Silk Road. Beautiful!

JC ♔ said...

Omg, they're so beautiful. Perfect for Fall.

The Girlie Blog said...

Good colors. I like "Urban Dweller."

Replica said...

What beautiful fall colours, I think I'd have gone for Urban Dweller as well.

makeup merriment said...

Hi- they are just gorgeous on you. I have a couple of these coming but can't remember which shades I asked the SA to set aside- lol. I'm fairly certain Urban Dweller is one of them though. As always your photos are stunning.

Kristie said...

Thanks for all your comments ladies! Looks like Urban Dweller is a fan fav.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!