Le Metier de Beaute Holiday 2011 Nail Kit - Merry Metallics Swatches and Review

Friday, November 4, 2011

If you're looking for a stocking stuffer this holiday season, Ken Downing's Holiday Nail Collection for Le Metier de Beaute is guaranteed to be a hit with beauty lovers. I have been falling head over heels with LMdB's nail polishes this year.  Merry Metallics is a great set of 4 gorgeous varnishes and a silver leaf ornament. It retails for $32USD. You can purchase it exclusively at Nieman Marcus counters or online.


When I saw the Merry Metallics set, my eyes lit up like a Christmas Tree (no pun intended). 



You can see the shimmers glistening in bright sunlight. 


Here are the colors again...


Lame Entertain You is a shimmery copper with silver flecks. It looks like copper foil on my fingers.




Red-E And Waiting is a metallic red with gold and red shimmers. This color is absolutely gorgeous. The shimmers are very subtle in this shade compared to the other 3.  You can see it upon really close inspection in the sun.




Tarnished Silver is a gunmetal grey with silver foil. Although it looks slightly blue in the image below, it is a true gunmetal on the nail.




Plum Puddin' is a light plum with multi-color shimmers that are highly visible on the nail.


In bright sunlight:


Each shade glides on effortlessly without streaking or clumping.  Red-E And Waiting is the most opaque so I can easily get away with just using 1 coat.  All the other shades require 2 coats for full opacity.


I really like how Lame Entertain You looks in different lighting. It can be both soft and hard depending on different angles.


Bottom Line: Grab these before they run out! This is a gorgeous set with great pigmentation and a reasonable price. I highly recommend checking it out from your local Neiman Marcus counters.  My favorite shades from this set are...all of them!

Will you be picking this up?

11 comments:

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

Oh thank god I can't easily get to them from stupid Canadia. I've gone over and beyond on my nail polish budget this season! They're all so gorgeous. *sigh*

Ava said...

They are beautiful, but what's on your thumb?

PerilouslyPale said...

Beautiful!! Love all of the shades!

Kristie said...

Ava - Hi! I have Chanel Paradoxal on my thumb. I just applied it on Tuesday too!

Makeup Magpie said...

Gorgeous & so tempting. I like them all! Plum Puddin' almost looks like it has a little holographic shimmer in it :) Thanks for posting! :)

prettyaspeaches said...

Pretty pretty! You always have such good taste!

Kristie said...

Liz - aww sorry to hear they're not available in Canada!

PeriouslyPale - I love them all too :)

Makeup Magpie - You are spot on! Plum Puddin' does have larger shimmers that look almost holographic.

prettyaspeaches - thanks Lindsey! How have you been??

prettyaspeaches said...

Cardboard and pricey. Did they at least give a discount on it at IMATS? Little G man says hi!!! I've been good. Just busy with work and the little guy. How've you been? I'm happy to see you blogging more.

Kumiko Mae said...

love the color on your pinky :D

Alexis the Honey B said...

ooooh these are gorgeous!! and the bottles are so tiny and cute!

Dizzy said...

Beauitful polishes!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!