Aveeno Positively Nourishing Body Moisturizer Review

Friday, December 16, 2011

When it comes to skincare, I have a very specific routine (described here) that I strictly follow every single day. No matter how tired or lazy I am after a long day of work, I will find the energy to remove my makeup, exfoliate, put on my toner, and moisturizer before going to bed.  Since my face gets the highest priority, the rest of my poor body is often neglected.  With such a cold winter this year, I find that my arms, legs, and feet are hideously dry and flaky. Luckily, Aveeno's Positively Nourishing Body Moisturizers came to the rescue just in time. These were sent to me from the Aveeno team. I cannot tell you enough how much I love this product and how smitten I am with their lovely scents.


You can soon find these at your local drugstore shelves (Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart, etc) at a low price of $8.49USD. I know Ulta also has this available on their website.

The Aveeno Positively Nourishing 24-hour Body Moisturizer comes in 3 different scents - Refreshing, Invigoration, and Soothing.


Each lotion contains shea butter, glycerin, skin soothing oatmeal, and fruit or plant extracts.


First up is one of  favorites, Soothing.  This a very soft and warm scent of vanilla and chamomile. Just as advertised, the smell is so light and soothing.


Next up is Invigorating.  Just like its name, the smell  is fun and uplifting with grapefruit and rosemary extracts. 


Last is Refreshing, which has blueberry and goji berry extracts. The scent is fresh!


Each moisturizer comes with a pump that can be locked with a simple twist on the cap.  This is a great feature to avoid spills if you accidentally push on the pump.


Gently press on the pump when you're ready to use and voila! 


For both of my feet, I use about 2-3 pumps depending on how dry or crackly they are on that particular day.  The moisturizer is light, not sticky, and absorbs quite well after application.  It doesn't leave a strange film on my skin either.  What I like most is that the scents are not overwhelming. 


Overall, I really enjoy using Aveeno's Positively Nourishing Body Moisturizer. It does a good job of keeping my body moisturized for at least 24 hours as promised without being overly thick or sticky. The major selling point for me is the lovely fragrance each of these moisturizers have to offer.  Despite my usual laziness, I have been dousing myself with the Soothing moisturizer ever since I received it. My body is finally getting the attention it deserves and smells pretty darn nice too!

Bottom Line: Check out this line of lotion at your local drugstore. It is an affordable product that's well under $10.  The moisturizer smells awesome and will keep your skin nice and soft throughout this dreadfully cold winter.

Disclosure: This post contains samples provided by PR for consideration.  This does not alter the opinion or views of the blog owner. If you're not sure what this means, please visit the Disclosure policy listed here.
Have you tried this line yet? What's your favorite scent? Refreshing, Soothing, or Invigorating?

8 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

I love Aveeno. I am a total fan and would love to try these lotions out.

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

Are these new? I don't think they've hit the shelves here yet.

Anyhow, I haven't tried Aveeno's scented stuff yet. When I think of Aveeno, I think of the basic unscented lotions that are nice and soothing. But these sound great!

Bailey said...

Oh, I'll be on the lookout for these. Aveeno has never let me down. The blueberry one sound interesting.

Eden-Avalon said...

Ooooh! I love the packaging overhaul and the scent lineup!

Anonymous said...

Hello

I live in London and I love Aveeno lotions. I would love to try the scented versions.Unfortunately I could not find them in England or British online shops. Do you know any American online shops, which offer these tempting lotions and ship to Europe? Please help :-)

Kristie said...

Hi Anonymous. You may want to try Beauty.com or Drugstore.com. I know they have international shipping but through a service called myUS. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I used to use Aveeno, but i found something WAY better. They make both lotions and shampoos that are all natural and organic - and its better priced. Its called Made from Earth, and my mother (who is 65 but doesnt look a day over 39 cause she uses their firming serum). I started using the Firming Serum as well, and wow - major difference. I also tried their shampoo which leaves your hair feeling fresh, clean and manageable. Not only is the smell amazing, the smell lasts for several hours as well, but it leaves hair soft and easy to style.

Anonymous said...

why is it so hard to find AVEENO POSITIVELY NOURISHING REFRESHING lotion any where any more? It is the only one of the Aveeno products I like and want to use. The others feel sticky, Help

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!