Burberry Midnight Brown Sheer Eyeshadow Swatches and Review

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Burberry's Midnight Brown Sheer Eyeshadow came out in the Fall 2011 Collection.  It retails for $29USD and can be purchased exclusively at selected Nordstrom counters. I took advantage of the triple point event and took this home without any hesitation. 




Midnight Brown is quite different from the other 21 shades due to the addition of shimmer.  Although I can see multi-color shimmer in the pan, only the silver sparkles are noticeably visible upon application. Isn't it gorgeous though?


The ingredients list for those who are interested:


Despite being labeled as a "sheer" eyeshadow, Midnight Brown is anything but sheer. It is a lovely medium brown with shimmer that translates beautifully on my eyes.  As previously mentioned, the eyeshadow is incredibly smooth and the formula is simply divine. 


I shall let the color speak for itself in the swatch below:


In the pan, Chestnut has more of a bronze undertone compared to Midnight Brown.  Rosewood is lighter and more taupe.


All 3 shades are lovely but Midnight Brown is truly the new star to this lineup. The additional shimmer really makes my eyes pop.  You can instantly go from day to night by patting Midnight Brown on top of Chestnut or Rosewood. I also find it impressive that I don't get those annoying glitter fallout or migration with this formula.


Bottom Line: Midnight Brown is a truly outstanding shade from Burberry.  I am happy that this is part of the permanent collection. For those who are into neutral shades like I am, Midnight Brown will certainly not disappoint.  I do highly recommend checking this out.  As much as I love the other shades from the line, this is quickly becoming one of my favorites. For those looking for a dupe, I am sure there are similar shades from other lines but nothing is exactly quite like Midnight Brown.  The pigmentation and texture of this alone makes it worth your time and money.  Get it. No really. Add it to your collection. You won't regret it.

What is your favorite shade from Burberry? Have you tried Midnight Brown yet?

16 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Isn't it just the nicest brown ever, thanks for swatching Chestnut besides Rosewood and Midnight Brown. It looks really nice too.

Amy said...

This is so beautiful! Definitely going on my to-buy list.

LipGlossGossip said...

Those colors are beautiful! Will have to look into these! :)

Ansa said...

looks stunning.

Kumiko Mae said...

Rosewood is beautiful!

Delyteful Speaks said...

Midnight brown is such a pretty shaaaade! But I don't know why burberry here in Dubai don't carry it!

Rola said...

I must add this to my collection, Burberry eyeshadows are gorgeous!

PerilouslyPale said...

I can't wait to finally get this! I need some Burberry in my life. Why does it have to be so darn inaccessible!

maya said...

Thanks for the swatches! Will need to check them out in person now. ♥

Dena said...

Thanks for posting the ingredients, I love that!

Polarbelle said...

You have great swatches. This is one of my very favorite of all eyeshadows. So beautiful, so smooth. A great choice for triple points!! Or anytime, lol.

Blackmentos said...

Oh my, they're so beautiful!! Id kill for rosewood actually! I've got something similar to chestnut from lancome as well as midnight brown. thanks for the great swatches! I don't know if I can find burberry make up in singapore yet! eeks

Anonymous said...

I gave my ud naked pallete to a cousin of mine,since I hardly used it. I have to check out these 3 shades as I'm a neutral eye kind of gal. =o)

Anonymous said...

I love Burberry eyeshadow. I have pearl white, khaki, rosewood, tea rose, pale rose, slate blue, pale barley, midnight brown..and am still thinking to have more!
teh colours might not be as dramatic as some other brands but they all are really sophiscated and nice on..
but I really would love them doing some palettes instead of just single.. It is too expensive to have so many single eyeshadows which I will never be able to finish.. :(

Anonymous said...

I will have to try the Burberry shadows! I have their sheer powder foundation, blush, and lipstick and love them. rosewood, midnight brown and pale barley are all on my list.

Rebecca said...

I'm going to get just one to start off, and think this is the winner.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!