Sponsored Post - Aveeno Beautiful Change Challenge #1: Grocery List

Sunday, March 25, 2012

 
I confess. I am addicted to sweets. Cookies, brownies, ice cream, gummy bears, if it's sweet, I will devour it. Recently I have been trying to cut down on my sweets consumption but  it takes a lot of willpower! I find Aveeno's Beauty Change Challenge as a great opportunity to encourage myself into achieving a fresher, healthier, and more beautiful lifestyle in the next 6 weeks. This week's challenge is on food and yes, my eyes are zooming straight to that first row of cupcakes!

Normally I would go home with at least 1-2 cupcakes but I was very good this week.  Instead of buying sweets that are full of butter, sugar, and artificial flavors, I satisfied my sweets cravings with sweet crunchy apples instead.


Since we have officially entered Spring, there are also a lot more delicious fruits available.  One of my favorites is mango, which is now popping up at my local supermarket aisles.  They are surprisingly quite sweet.


I also found a really nice basket of blackberries and strawberries.  These go really well with yogurt and a little bit of granola on top.  The strawberries are not quite in season yet so they're a bit of a hit and miss. 


I also find myself feeling a lot healthier when I add more leafy greens to my diet.  The biggest noticeable difference it makes is to my skin.  I don't break out as much and I feel a lot more energetic throughout the day as well.


My guilty pleasure is still grilled sandwiches but I do try to balance it out with a salad. Instead of eating a huge portion of burgers and fries, I go for eggplant, tuna, or crab sandwiches and a side of greens.  I also cut down on smoothies by replacing them with water or hot tea on a cold day.


I find that these simple little changes really help increase my energy throughout the day. Since my new job is incredibly hectic with long hours, the need to maintain a healthy and balance diet is now more important than ever. There are also a couple of tricks I now use to keep myself in check:

1. Avoid going grocery shopping when I'm hungry.  This is the worst time to go because everything looks good and I want to eat it all.
2. Head for the fruit and vegetable aisle first and steer clear of the snacks aisle. If I can't see the chips, I won't buy them.
3. Whenever I have a sweets craving, I will reach for a piece of fruit instead of a piece of chocolate.

What are some of your tips and tricks for maintaining a healthy diet?



New AVEENO® PURE RENEWAL™ lets you renew your hair to its naturally balanced state daily. Unlike ordinary shampoos, these sulphate-free formulas have Balancing Seaweed Extract; bringing hair back to its naturally healthy, most balanced state with each wash, for beautifully healthy-looking hair. Learn more here http://bit.ly/A1cjWg

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!