· Oil-free, non-drying, lightweight formula glides on evenly on to skin and does not settle into fine lines.
· Visibly minimizes the appearance of pores for smoother skin.
· Buildable coverage, from moderate to full, evens skin tone.
· Provides a soft matte finish.
· Longwearing formula (lasts up to 8 hours) feels lightweight and comfortable on skin.
· Silicone-free, fragrance-free, non-greasy.
· Aloe Bardadens – soothes and refresh skin.
· Green Tea Leaf Extract – provides antioxidant and astringent properties.
· Vitamin E – provides moisturizing properties.
· Vitamin A – provides antioxidant and moisturizing capabilities and helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
· Panthenol – a hydrating agent that improves skin’s natural moisture balance.· Silica – porous mineral absorbs oils, visibly smoothes skin.
I tried out the shade Shell Beige but found it a tad too pink for my skintone. I think Tawny beige might be a better match. The texture of the foundation is creamy but not so thick and greasy that it makes my skin shiny. I made the mistake of using half a pump on the first try. Moderation is really the key with this formula. You do not need a lot of foundation because a little bit really goes a long way.
As claimed, the Oil Free Supreme Foundation does provide a medium to full coverage. On the first try, my face looked extremely cakey because I used way too much foundation. The second time around, I used a tiny amount of the foundation and lightly tapped it onto my skin. This worked a lot better and it gave me a really nice finish.
I was pleasantly surprised that this foundation did not accentuate wrinkles, fine lines, or dry patches. Again, if you use the correct application method, you should not be seeing any of these issues. Laura Mercier recommends "shaking well before using and applying to face with Laura’s Foundation Sponge or fingertips. For best results, use with a Foundation Primer".
Overall, I am quite fond of the Oil Free Supreme Foundation. It did not break me out and did provide a nice medium to full coverage. I think this is a great formula for those looking to even out the skintone or cover up acne/imperfections.
Bottom Line: This is a good product to check out. I recommend getting your color match at the counter to get the correct shade. I also really want to emphasize that you really do not need to use a lot of product to achieve a flawless look. In fact, the less you use, the better. If you have dry skin, moisturize and use a primer beforehand. This should work well on normal, combination, or oily skin.
Disclosure: This post contains samples provided by PR for consideration. This does not alter the opinion or views of the blog owner. If you're not sure what this means, please visit the Disclosure policy listed here.