Chanel Sable-Emouvant Eyeshadow Duo Swatches and Review

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chanel Sable-Emouvant made its debut at the beginning of May in the Summer 2012 Collection. It retails for $42USD and can be purchased both online and in stores. In the past I have never really paid too much attention to Chanel's duos. However, Sable-Emouvant really caught my attention this time around. 


 In indoors lighting, Sable-Emouvant duo consists of a rich chocolate and creamy beige with fine shimmers. Once a bit of sunlight hits the pan, you can see the beautiful shimmers come to life.


The colors are definitely much lighter when the duo is in direct sunlight:


In a finger swatch, Sable-Emouvant is every beauty lover's dream.  Its texture is buttery soft and the shades are nicely pigmented. 


I'll let the colors speak for themselves.


The shimmers in both shades are really fine so you will not get a chunky glittery mess on your eyes.


Overall, I am a huge fan of Sable-Emouvant. The texture and pigmentation are simply divine. Although the shades are not particularly eye catching, I can't seem to find an exact dupe for these in my collection. The beige shade is unique in that it turns gold when you step into the bright sunlight.  The chocolate brown shade becomes more intense as well.

Bottom Line: Sable-Emouvant is a very chic eyeshadow duo.  It is my very first eyeshadow duo purchase from Chanel. This is easily one of my favorite items in the collection. If you love neutral shades like me, I am sure you will love Sable-Emouvant. The shades are goof proof, office friendly, and definitely beautiful for bridal makeup. Those who are looking for bold looks may be disappointed with this duo.

Have you seen Sable-Emouvant? Will you be picking it up?

11 comments:

Lauren Baker said...

Wowza, stunning colors. Definitely colors worth investing in because you can easily use them on a daily basis. xx

peaches said...

Lovely shades, I'd like to try them one day ;-) xx

Jacqueline said...

I have not seen it yet but I know if I do I'll probably pick it up. I love easy to use shades and I have been loving neutrals lately. The texture looks really creamy and intense.

LittoMokaa said...

I love both colors, I hope I would be able to get my hands on these when I'll hit the Chanel counter!

maya said...

Gorgeous colours! Will swatch them next time I'm at a Chanel counter. :)

PerilouslyPale said...

I think I need this!

Eden-Avalon said...

They're beautiful and pigmented but not shades that are terribly unique.

Eileen said...

I picked this up when I was at a Chanel event and have been very pleased with its versatility: Subtle, neutral daytime look? Check! Dramatic, sculpted evening look? Check! Contoured base for pops of color? Check! It is a great basic addition to any shadow collection. I especially like it with a bit of pinky-peach used as a bridge between the brown in the crease and the sand on the browbone. It creates a smoother transition of color that is warm and flattering. Sable Émouvant is the type of product that is a lazy, summer day staple. And, yes, the colors are not unique, but the formula is richly pigmented, creamy smooth, and wears well all day.

Makeup Magpie said...

Such a lovely basic palette with great texture and pigmentation. I couldn't pass this one up! Great photos as always :)

Julye said...

lovely make up !!

resham said...

looks sooo beautiful!!! I am such a sucker for neutrals!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!