Chanel Fall 2012 Collection Swatches and Review Part I

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The weather has been rather strange in CA lately with the chilly wind in the middle of June.  In any case, I personally am not ready for fall weather nor the season.  However for those of you who love Fall, you'd be glad to know Chanel's Fall 2012 Collection is now available at Nordstrom.  I found some time to check out the items in person.  This collection has a huge offering of products ranging from eyeshadows to lip glosses. I have broken the swatches and review into 2 parts in order to fully cover everything. Let's get to it shall we?

Lip products:


Almadine is a Rouge Double Intensite Ultra Wear Lip Colour ($34USD).  It is a beautiful deep plum that comes with a clear gloss.  This shade is super gorgeous and the lasting power is incredibly. I simply could not remove the liquid lip color from my arm after the swatch.

Caractere is a Rouge Coco lipstick ($32.50 USD). It is lighter compared to Almadine and has subtle gold shimmers.  This is also another beautiful deep plum shade that's fitting for fall.

Parfait is a Rouge Coco Shine lipstick ($32.50 USD).  It is a sheer light pink with gold shimmers.  This shade is pretty but really sheer. It took 4-5 swipes just to build up the color.

Caprice is a Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss ($32 USD).  It is a lovely rosy pink with very subtle gold shimmers.  While the color is lovely in the swatch, it applies as a milky pink on the lips.  This is best layered on top of a lipstick like Parfait.

Sweet Beige is a glossimer ($29.50 USD).  This is a really lovely dark rose with gold shimmers. I'm particularly fond of this because it's a MLBB type of shade.


In darker setting:


There are also 2 new lip liners and 1 eyeliner released in the collection.

Amarante is a precision lip liner ($29 USD). This is a deep plum that will go well with Caractere lipstick.

Rose Naturel is a precision lip liner ($29USD) and is true to its name, a natural rose shade.

Silver Light is a shimmery silver Stylo Yeux eyeliner ($32USD). I'm generally a fan of the Stylo Yeux formula but I felt that this tester pencil was particularly dry and the shimmer didn't apply evenly.



There are also several new eyeshadows in the collection.  I didn't see Ebony or Black Star listed in the product sheet but couldn't find Noir or Midnight Blue.



Eclaire is a shimmery gold.
Furtif is a shimmery gray-silver.
Complice is a shimmery pink peach.
Ebony is a satin black with no shimmers.
Black Star is a satin shimmer with silver shimmers.


Despite looking really shimmery, Eclaire, Furtif, Complice, and Infini all have this surprisingly smooth texture.  I did not expect this at all.


Here are the first part of the products all together in bright sunlight:


In darker setting:


Overall, my favorite items from this set so far are the lip products.  I surprise myself at how much I gravitate towards the darker lipstick shades.  Caracte, Almadine and Sweet Beige are outstanding.  I normally love shades like Parfait and Caprice, but found them to be not as unique compared to the rest. The eyeshadows are too shimmery for my liking but the texture is really smooth, not chunky as you would expect.

My top picks: Almadine, Caracte, Sweet Beige

For more swatches of the eyeshadows, check out TheBeautyLookBook.

What's catching your eyes so far?

9 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Wow, the fall colors are so beautiful :) I'm really loving the almadine lip color a lot and the charcoal eyeshadows :D

Anonymous said...

Oh! No warmer shades! I'm to warm for this collection :( Well at least I got something from the summer collection! Thanks for posting :)

emmabovary said...

Such beautiful colours! I like that they have brought out new eye singles, very nice!

Miaka said...

Lovely review! The plum shades lip products are indeed gorgeous!

Rola said...

Caprice and Sweet Beige are so pretty. I am not ready for Fall yet either, just getting started with Summer:)

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Gorgeous colors. Caprise is beautiful.

Eileen said...

Back Star and Ebony are not new; nor is Sweet Beige. Sweet Beige is a repromote and the two black shades from the permanent line are being substituted for the missing Noir (matte black) and Indiscreet (midnight blue) at some counters. You missed one of the most beautiful Extrait de Gloss colors: Troublant. It is a luscious, rich plum that is new for fall.

Sarah Jones said...

Oh my gosh, there is SO much in this collection that I want!!! Need to save my pennies for this one!

Jacqueline said...

Eclaire and Complice caught my eyes but I want to see them for myself, the blush though, oh my I'm a sucker for Chanel blush. Did you pick up anything for yourself?

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!