La Mer The Radian Infusion Review

Sunday, June 24, 2012

La Mer The Radiant Infusion is one of the many skincare products offered by La Mer. For $95USD, you will get 4.2oz of product in a nice tall pump bottle.


I am surprised that for such a luxury brand, the Radiant Infusion bottle is made out of light green plastic instead of a heavy glass bottle.  On the other hand, this makes it much lighter and easier to bring on a trip without weighing a ton.


I purchased this from the La Mer website a while back. I think it was $75USD at the time so prices have gone up since.  La Mer claims this will deliver "radiance, clarity, pore-minimizing and tone on demand".  The Radiant Infusion also has La Mer's exclusive Deconstructed Waters.  I don't think this product has the famous seaweed extract that is included in Creme de La Mer.


The Radiant Infusion has a watery, gel-like texture. It takes two small pumps to cover my entire face.  The product has a strong seaweed + lime fragrance that slightly lingers after application.  Despite claiming to minimize pores and refine the skin's appearance, I found it to be quite the opposite.  When using the Radiant Infusion, I find it slightly sticky on my face.  I don't think this hydrates my skin or even out the skin tone.  In fact, I break out every time I use this product.  I wish I can find the ingredients list that came with the box to figure out what's causing all the little bumps.

Overall, I do not recommend La Mer's Radiant Infusion.  This may be hydrating for those in extremely hot/humid weather, who prefer light gels over heavy creamy moisturizers. Unfortunately this product simply did not work for me.  No matter how many times I try to use it, I always end up with little bumps all over my face and neck.  I also did not find any positive changes to my skin in terms of pore minimizing, toning, or hydration as promised. At $95USD, you can surely find a hydrating mist or gel moisturizer at a much lower price point.

Bottom Line: Save yourself a pretty penny and skip this product.  Despite all the promises, the Radiant Infusion is surely not a miracle product.

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Delyteful Speaks said...

oh it sux that this didnt work for you.. I once tried their regenerating serum or something like that and felt that it did nothing to my skin.. waste of money.. But I do really like the creme de la mer.. It's great for my dry skin and gives me a beautiful glow

Anonymous said...

It is a bad product because the second ingredient is alcohol. Check out beautypedia reviews.You are so lucky girls in USA ,you have excellent brands there.In Europe (and Greece of course) even in the same brand the ingredients are different and so not effective:( Big hugs from Greece!and as always sorry for my English.Amalia

makeup magpie said...

Thanks for your honest review! It's always helpful to know which products to steer clear of :) Years ago I bought the original La Mer cream but didn't use it long enough to see a difference.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!