Chanel Vivacite and Canaille Joues Contraste Powder Blush Swatches and Review

Friday, March 28, 2014

Chanel released 2 limited edition Joues Contraste Powder Blushes in Vivacite and Canaille along with the Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundations (review here).  These retail for $45USD and are now available at Nordstrom.

I am a huge fan of the Joues Contraste blushes.  I own several of them and I tend to gravitate towards soft pinks, pink-peach, or light coral shades.  Vivacite and Canaille, on the other hand, are anything but demure. Both shades are highly pigmented and bold.


Vivacite is a deep magenta that has a matte-like texture and it does not have any shimmers.  Canaille is a warm copper with subtle shimmers.  This could be used as a contour or bronzer.


A light hand is highly recommended for both of these blushes.  I think Canaille and Vivacite will be amazing for darker skin tones!


The texture for both blushes are finely milled and divine.  Matte blushes sometimes can be dry and powdery but Vivacite goes on really smooth. I am a fan of both shades but did not take any home as they're a bit out of my comfort zone.

Overall, I highly recommend checking out Chanel's Canaille and Vivacite blushes.  These are limited edition so they may sell out quickly.  For those of you who love bright magenta or copper blushes, these will definitely appeal to you.

What are your thoughts on these 2? Which do you have your eyes on?

5 comments:

Sharlynn Ng said...

Omg...SOOOO PRETTY! If that bronze shade was a bit more coral I definitely would use it as a blush! They are both so lovely!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the lovely swatches, now that you say Vivacite needs to be applied with a light hand, I'm on the fence, I'll probably swatch it at the counter first before deciding whether to buy.

Anonymous said...

I bought Canaille today after reading your review. I'm a nc45 in skintone and its absolutely beautiful. It is one super pigmented blush and I look forward to using it very soon.

emmabovary said...

Oh how exciting are these two! I think Vivacite will end up coming home with me, such a unique Chanel shade

Jess said...

They are so pretty. I super love the color for they seem to blend well with the skin. This will be in my purchase list.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!